Wednesday 16 January 2013

Yarn//WIP Wednesday

Ok my WIP this week is not technically knitting (or crochet); this week I have been sorting out my yarn cupboard - it has been quite a job. Taking photos, taking yarn notes and uploading it all to Ravelry:
 
Anyway I thought it might be fun to share a few of my favourite yarns; I've got projects in mind for just one of these - I sat last night and planned yarn for projects, it was fun!! I am a nerd - but most of the time I just don't care.

*all of the following linky's go to my ravelry stash page*

Lang Yarns Jawoll Colour Superwash

I love this yarn, it's super soft and so gorgeous - I plan to knit the Hitchhiker shawl with it:
Cherry Tree Hill Potluck
This yarn is super pretty, I bought it from someone on Ravelry for my anniversary as it's not available over here. I have 1800 yards of this yarn; any ideas what I could knit with it?
Dream in Colour - Smooshy

I fell in love with this yarn the second I saw it; I'm wondering if it could make a gorgeous shawl? Or maybe a hat and mitts...... ideas on a postcard!!!
Hume Sweet Hume
This yarn is incredibly random; I picked it up in Orkney and it's so beautiful. It is a mix of lambswool and silk - but I don't know the weight or yardage so I'm completely stuck on what to knit with it:
Also I am reading The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs; it's really good so far and it's available in paperback and for the Kindle.

I'm excited to see what everyone else is working on so I'm playing along with Tami and Ginny - go check it out and have a knitty Wednesday.
V xo

9 comments:

  1. Well-done!
    I started to upload images of my stash once I got my lovely parcels in the mail, but then I used to get too excited and started the projects straight away, only to have nothing to photograph at the end of the day, or lose interest in taking photos and just stashing the yarn. :( I take my hat off to you, I should really do this also, makes everything on Ravelry so much easier!
    x
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the yarn pics!! I can see why they are your favourite ones. Good luck with updating your Ravelry stash. I need to do this as well. It is on my to do list, to update both my stash and projects in Ravelry. I know it will be a big job which is why I haven't started yet, you have just inspired me to make a start so Thank You :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great yarn pics, I really must get round to doing mine. The purple yarn is so delicious looking it would look great as both, I think pick whichever your going to get the most wear out of, that way you can see it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love loading things to stash, and once its done, its much easier to keep track of things, plan projects etc without having to literally dig through stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooh, serious yarn envy here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That takes a lot of patience and enthusiasm, wonderful! You seem to have a lot of sock yarns, great

    ReplyDelete
  7. You get a gold star for being so productive and organized. My yarn is... well, in disarray. I should try to sort and inventory my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful yarns! happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved that book. Hope you enjoy it, too.

    ReplyDelete