Friday 25 January 2013

The Everlasting Scarf Stopper//FO Friday

I finally finished the Everlasting Scarf Stopper; and it's super pretty. I know it's only a garter stitch scarf right? But sometimes you put together simple stitches with some smooshy yarn and you get the perfect scarf. My wife loves it - she has been wearing it everytime she goes out, so really I couldn't be happier.

I'm still working away on my shawl; but I'm awaiting some yarn so I'm going to have to break on that until the yarn arrives - meantime my wife wants some mitts, so I'll get them knit up in the next day or so.

As usual I am playing along with Tami; excited to see what everyone has finished this week!
V xo

13 comments:

  1. It looks so soft and warm. I think that it is the perfect scarf just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like garter stitch projects, especially scarves because they don't curl when you finish them and the garter stitch makes the fiber look so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think garter stitch is perfect for showing off fabulous yarn, and that yarn looks like the squooshiest! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so squishy. I'm a great fan of the garter stitch or moss stitch in big squishy yarns. They look and feel amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a garter stitch scarf is among the most classic winter accessories! They're timeless. It sounds like you're going to have to make another for yourself since your wife has claimed this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love garter stitch and I love how I get into a rhythm and do not need to read a chart! Your scarf is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely yarn and lovely scarf!
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love simplicity and sometimes a knitter just has to knit garter stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your scarf looks really soft and warm. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it wonderful when your love appreciates your hand knits? How lucky you are! It should also wear well because of the fiber blend you picked out. Will you use the same yarn for the mitts?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think your shawl is beautiful. Garterstitch is great! Hav a nice Sunday! Regula

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is nothing wrong with simple patterns. It looks wonderful and very soft.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The scarf is lovely and wearable. Garter stitch is one of my favorite stitches, even after knitting a giant log cabin blanket. And the fact that your wife loves it and wears it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete