Wednesday 9 January 2013

WIP and Yarn// WIP Wednesday

I can't believe this is the 2nd Wednesday of the year already........ I am getting organised to get going with my WIP's but my wife asked me to knit her a simple scarf - so I picked up a 10mm circular needle and 2 balls of cream aran yarn and got to work:
It's just simple garter stitch; 20 stitches wide and with the yarn held double. I'm loving how quickly this is knitting up - it will be a FO before I know it. Next I plan to work on my high plains drifter; I am so determined to get all of my current WIP's finished so I can start knitting a cardigan - any favourite cardigan patterns?
 
So yesterday I went shopping; a whole day spent in Edinburgh by myself and it was amazing. I bought lots of stuff including boots, a coat and some new socks (I love me some socks - and these ones have foxes on). Anyway I also went to K1 yarns and bought some beautiful yarn:
 
First of all I found this gorgeous skein; it's all in different thicknesses and I plan to knit a small shawlette and then hand dye it - so exciting:

 
I also bought these artesano skeings; the pink ones are 4-ply and I think the gold/yellow ones are DK - aren't they pretty? No specific plans for the as of yet but I'm very excited to make some:
As usual I am playing along with Tami and Ginny; I'm excited to see what you are all working on.
V xo

10 comments:

  1. Great looking scarf and often times the simple ones turn out to be the best. Love the new yarns and the one you can handdye will be something extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is something about garter stitch that is beautiful and soothing!! I think you adopted some lovely yarn while you were out and about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently, I need to go yarn shopping in Edinburgh. Must try and work that out. Until then, I'll just live vicariously through your pretty purchases. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once made a garter stitch scarf for myself and it's the snuggliest, squishiest thing ever! I'm sure yours will be awesome too - I like your choice of yarn :)
    and wow - those new yarns are really beautiful - I promised myself I won't buy more yarn this year but when I see such lovely colors..I'm tempted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new WIP ... the scarf looks incredibly squishy! Your new pink yarn is calling to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh- pretty yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's all just so cheerful and bright. Love each one.
    I visited K1 in November - it's lovely being able to picture where you were :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love simple, pretty projects like your scarf. It is going to be a lovely addition to the winter wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't the thick and thin yarn fun? It is even more fun to spin! Glad to see that you are still knitting away!

    ReplyDelete