Wednesday 2 October 2013

Startitis?//WIP Wednesday

You probably remember me sharing my new sweater last week? Well I've finished all of the ribbing and started on the cabling section - the cables are going to be beautiful and the yarn is knitting up really well, Red Riding Hoodie:

I have to admit that I've had a little case of startitis, because not only did I start the new sweater, I also cast on for a pair of socks. These are Hermione's Everyday Socks, or as I've named them Sweet Banana Socks. Why the name? Well I'm knitting them with yarn from Candy Skein - I know I've changed my photo to black and white, it's only because I'm going to do a separate post to review the yarn - and I'll share the colour with you then. I've finished the ribbing on sock 1, read through the instructions for the leg and I'm confident going to forward:
It's been crazy busy here since last Wednesday, hence the lack of blog posts. We had our Macmillan Coffee Morning and raised an awesome £529.84. I spent the weekend babysitting my nephews and now I have a sick child at home. Next week the schools are on holiday for the October break (for 2 whole weeks!!!) so it's scheduled hectic.
As always I'm playing along with Tami and Ginny. What are you working on this week?
V xo

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, love the look of that hoodie, look forward to watching it grow :)
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope your child feels better soon and that you don't catch it! Love the knits :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow well done for raising so much money for your coffee morning. Hope little one feels better soon and doesn't share any of their germs with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Central Park Hoodie has been in my Ravelry queue forever. In the meantime, I'll watch you knit it. Looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, once you're past the ribbing you're into the fun part! Can't wait to see these in full, glorious colour. Hopefully your little one feels better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! It's difficult not to have startitis when you find a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete